In keeping with our "
Staycation" theme this Summer, we decided to make a visit to
Fontenelle Forest in
Bellevue. Eli had been there previously on a field trip and was very excited to go see their "Dino Quest" exhibit. We went over Labor Day weekend as kind of a grand finale for our Summer. I took about 100 pictures. It seemed like everyone that owned really fancy cameras was there, too. I has lens envy. I'd selfishly like to go without the boys so I could really focus on the photography.
We didn't see any bear poop. But no bears live in these woods, as far as we know.


My boys move way to fast!


They have two types of trails. One is a boardwalk, the other is all dirt.
18 miles of different dirt trails, in fact.

We saw lots of interesting vegetation.

And, of course, dinosaurs!

Look, you can even see Omaha from here.

Fungus. We saw lots of decomposing plant matter.
We found a bunch of snails along the dirt trails, too.







Jude called this "God's bench," because God built it for him to sit on. This is coming from the same kid who is a self-proclaimed killer of all of "God's bugs." We can't figure this kid out.

We thought maybe this thing was going to open up and swallow you at any moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment